February 26, 2011

New Computer

So, I now have a new computer.
It's very nice. A HP something or other. I don't know the actual name. Unless HP is its name... But I thought that was a brand... Whatever. So, anyways, my story was how I got this computer, not what it is.
One day, I was at a party with my parents and my aunt and uncle. There was ice-racing (manly-men in trucks speed across a frozen lake in an effort to assert their manliness), lots of beer and other assorted alchoholic drinks, bowling, fires, hot dogs, all that average party schnazz! My parents and aunt and uncle had some "mommy juice" there. After that, we walked over to the restaurant and they had several more drinks.   Then the affects of the alcohol was showing, but they were all most likely still legally allowed to drive. I was still rather horrified because my parents rarely drank more than a glass.
They all then decided that it was the best time to go grocery shopping. While in the store my uncle approached my mother and I and said that he should buy me a new laptop. After a moment of surprise I managed to squeak out really? And he assured me that he would indeed buy me a laptop. He then went into a detailed discussion about computers that I understood absolutely zero of, when my mom said why don't you pick it out? We all agreed that would be the best decision.
After, my parents and I agreed that he was likely a little drunk and didn't mean it, but here I am, a month and a half later, with an amazing new computer.
-MOMO

UPDATE
I forgot, he also mentioned an iPad but I have not heard of that since.  Fingers crossed?

No comments: